From 2011 to the present, HEC coatings have been implemented in 66 furnaces at four production sites (refineries) in JSC "Gazprom Neft":
- JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery", Russia, Omsk;
- LLC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Lubricants Plant”, Russia, Omsk;
- JSC “NIS a.d. Nivi Sad” - Panchevo Refinery, Serbia, Panchevo.
- JSC "Gazpromneft - Moscow Refinery", Russia, Moscow.
1. JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery" Presentation at the Conference on refining technologies in Russia and CIS countries - RRTC-2014 on the topic "Prospects for technological development and ensuring environmental safety".
"Energy Efficiency Actions"
"Ceramic coating of the furnaces - Applying High-Emissivity Ceramic coatings on the coils and refractory of furnaces is an effective energy-saving actinity. Allowing to significantly increase the efficiency of furnaces by increasing the heat load of the radiant section of the furnace and as a result reduce fuel consumption."
Excerpt from the Presentation of PJSC "Gazprom Neft"
2. Heat engineering inspection of Furnaces P-601/1, P-601/2 and P-701/1 of Section C-001 of the KT-1/1 Complex for Deep Processing of fuel oil JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery" after 1 year of operation
"Conclusions on the operation of Section C-001 Furnaces after overhaul :
Measures for the reconstruction of the KT-1/1 Complex and the introduction of measures to improve the Energy Efficiency of Furnaces have reduced the specific fuel consumption of the Complex by about 13.5% ."
Excerpt from the Report on the Heat Engineering Survey (expert assessment according to the data of the program of consumption of equivalent fuel)
3. Inspection of the HEC coating after two years of its operation on the Furnaces at the Aromatic Production Complex (APC) of JSC "Gazpromneft-Omsk Refinery"
" 1. On the lining and coils of the furnaces BH-311, BH-312, BH-313, BH-314, BH-315 ceramic coating is intact under a thin layer of deposits (photo №1). Deposits of brown color are removed by manual mechanical action with effort.
2. On the lining and coils of the furnaces ВН-1031А, ВН-1031В ceramic coating is intact under a thin layer of deposits (photo №2). Deposits of gray-brown color are removed by manual mechanical action without much effort.
The ceramic coating applied to the lining and coils of VN-311, VN-312, VN-313, VN-314, VN-315, VN-1031A and VN-1031B furnaces during the overhaul in 2012 is in a holistic state."
Excerpts from the Survey Report
4. Report of the Heat Engineering Survey of Furnaces of the AVD-6 Unit JSC "Gazromneft - Omsk Refinery" after one annual inter-repair run
"The actual economy of equivalent fuel on comparative loads of 1.3 kg per ton of raw materials (4.6%). At the same time, the actual (currently) negative ambient temperature is a lowering factor (about 0.5 kg equivalent fuel per 1 ton of raw materials), because these furnaces operate on injection burners."
Excerpt from the Report of the Heat Engineering Survey
5. The Letter from JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery" to LLC "LENGIPRONEFTECHIM" of PJSC "Surgutneftegas"
"... since 2012 at the present time on the furnaces of these installations [KT-1/1, CPA, AVD-6 of JSC "Gazpromneft – Omsk Refinery"] the high emissivity ceramic [HEC] coating is in a well-preserved state.
HEC coating has a stable positive effect during the operation of the furnaces after application, to be exact, reducing the wall temperature of the furnace coils in an average of 100-150 ° C; increasing the furnace efficiency up to 3%; fuel savings on average 3-5% (depending on the type of furnace and the ratio of liquid and gas fuel)."
Alexander Nikitin, Deputy General Director - Technical Director of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery"
6. Report on the technical condition of the Ceramic Coating in the furnaces of the L-24/9 and AVD-6 Units of JSC “Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery” in 2015 after more than two years of operation
"1. The Ceramic Coatings applied to the lining and coils of the Furnaces P-1, P-2 of the AVD-6 Unit and P-1, P-2 of the L-24/9 Unit in 2012-2013 are in a remain preserved.
2. Based on the results of the inspection, it was determined that the coils of the AVD-6 furnaces contain deposits that can be easily removed by mechanical action using a hand tool (medium-hard brush). The formation of deposits is caused by the operation of furnaces in the combined fuel mode (with the use of liquid fuel). During the overhaul in 2015, the coils of the AVD-6 furnaces were cleaned of deposits, and the ceramic coating on the coils and lining was preserved in a complete state after cleaning.
3. Furnaces of the L-24/9 Unit run on fuel gas, deposits on the coils and lining are practically absent. Mechanical cleaning of the coils is not required."
Excerpts from the Report on the technical condition of the ceramic coating
7. Inspection of the furnaces at the AVD-10 Unit of JSC “Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery” with the results and assessment of implemented measures to increase energy efficiency during overhaul in 2013
"In General, the effect of reducing the heat load on the coils and lining was achieved for the Р-101 and P-102 Furnaces. The increase in load is estimated by the difference in temperature of raw materials at the inlet/outlet before and after major repairs (for the Furnace P-101 by 15 degrees Celsius, for P-102 by 16 degrees Celsius)."
Excerpts from the Report on the Furnaces Survey
8. Results of applying the HEC coating on the Furnaces of the L-35/11-1000 Catalytic Reforming Unit at JSC "Gazpromneft-Omsk Refinery"
"The minimum economic effect provided for in the Requirements Specification (Activity Passport) was achieved as a result of the works performed.
According to the data recorded by JSC "Gazpromneft – Omsk Refinery", the actual consumption of conventional fuel by the L-35/11-1000 unit per ton of raw materials was 10% lower than planned in February 2016."
Excerpts from the Act on achieving economic effect of March 2016
9. Publication of the JSC "Gazpromneft-Omsk Refinery" dated May 16, 2016
"Ceramic Coating Saves Fuel at Furnaces"
"The results of monitoring of economic effect by the Office of Improving Production Efficiency and Department of Economics and Finance from Omsk Refinery, we can say today bold – activities carried out on L-35/11-1000 Unit, save for a month greater than 1000 tons of fuel.
The use of ceramic composition pays off in just a year and a half."
Mikhail Dbai, Head of the Energy Efficiency Group of the Office of Improving Production Efficiency at Omsk Refinery and project curator
"The first coatings of this kind appeared at the Refinery in 2011.
To date, ceramic protection works on Furnaces of KT-1/1, AVD-6, AVD-8, L-24-9, Aromatic Complex, AVD-10 and L-35/11-1000 installations.
In the next few years, "ceramics" will additionally appear on the Aromatic Complex, AVD-10 and FCCU 43-103 installations.
The confirmed direct effect of fuel economy for different complexes reaches 14%."
Denis Bannikov, Employee of JSC "Gazpromneft-ONPZ", The Author of the Article
10. Letter of PJSC “Gazprom neft” about THE BEST PRACTICES dated August 23, 2017 adressed to JSC “Gazpromneft – Moscow Refinery”
"I am sending to you the best practices developed by our experts of the Competence Centers and specialized Network Groups for further development and implementation."
THE BEST PRACTICES
Item 6 : «Application of High Emissivity Ceramic [HEC] coatings to the coils and refractory of process furnaces»
Peter Degtyarev, Director of the Refining Directorate in PJSC "Gazprom neft"
11. Online Magazine "Siberian Oil" No.147, December 2017
"The introduction of new technological solutions that can increase production efficiency is mandatory for every major repair. In particular, this year a lot of attention was paid to the modernization of furnaces - the most resource consumption element in a lot of Units at Refinery. New larger-diameter coils were installed at the primary oil processing. This reduces the load on the equipment. After installation, all coils were coated with a High-Emissivity Ceramic coating. According to specialists of the Office of Improving Production Efficiency at Omsk Refinery, the ceramic coating reliably protects the coil pipes from high-temperature corrosion caused by vanadium oxide and other combustion products. And thanks to special additives, the ceramic composition increases the "degree of blackness" of the metal, that is, its ability to accept the radiant energy of the torch. As a result, the pipelines working more efficiently and much longer. A similar coating was applied to the coils of the furnaces of the 43-103 catalytic cracking unit."
Denis Bannikov, Employee of PJSC "Gazprom neft", The Author of the Article
12. Letter JSC "Gazpromneft – Omsk Refinery" adressed to PJSC “Gazprom Neft” from 07 February, 2018
"... works on applying of energy-saving ceramic coating [HEC coating] to the refractory and coils of 36 Furnaces have been performed at the facilities of JSC "Gazpromneft -Omsk Refinery" in the period 2011-2018.
The economic effect of fuel economy on the technological Furnaces of the Omsk Refinery after coating was on average 3-5% for the inter-repair run.
The similar technology of applying ceramic coatings is also used at other enterprises of our Company: LLC "Gazpromneft – SM" (6 furnaces) and PJSC "NIS GAZPROM NEFT" at the Panchevo Refinery (Serbia) (2 furnaces)."
Oleg Belyavsky, General Director of JSC "Gazpromneft – Omsk Refinery"
13. Publication in "Neftegazeta" of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery", No.4 (192) dated June 14, 2018
"High-Emissivity Ceramic [HEC] coatings reliable protect pipelines and equipment from high-temperature corrosion. More than 2.5 thousand tons of gas fuel, or 14 million rubles a year - is the planned effect of applying "ceramics" to the coils and rafractory of the furnaces at the "Izomalk-2" Unit.
In the autumn, ceramic coatings will appear in the furnaces of Aromatic Production Complex (CPA). The expected effect is more than 26 million rubles a year.
The furnace burners will be replaced with more efficient ones with the individual fuel supply system. The planned effect is 59.5 million rubles."
Andrey Korchevsky, Head of the Production Efficiency Improvement Department of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery"
14. Publication in "Neftegazeta" of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery", No.11 (199) dated November 19, 2018
"Based on the results of the Aromatic Production Complex (CPA) energy survey, our Specialists developed measures to improve the energy efficiency of the Complex. The largest of them are associated with the furnaces of CPA.
The coils and refractory of five furnaces were coated with a ceramic coating that reliably protects pipes and equipment from high-temperature corrosion. And thanks to special additives, the ceramic composition increases the "degree of blackness" of the metal, that is, its ability to accept the radiant energy of the torch. The first coatings of this kind appeared at the refinery in 2011.
The Confirmed direct effect of fuel economy for different units and processes reaches 5-7%."
Andrey Korchevsky, Head of the Production Efficiency Improvement Department of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery"
15. Publication in "Neftegazeta" of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery" dated February 11, 2019
"For example, the Technology of High-Emissivity Ceramic [HEC] coating at the Omsk Refinery has gradually moved from the status of innovation to one of the BEST PRACTICES.
In 2018, High-Emissivity coatings were applied to the coils and lining of the furnaces at the "Isomalk-2" Units and Aromatic Production Complex. As a result, this gave an economic effect of 17.5 million rubles."
Alexander Troyan, Head of the energy efficiency group of the Production Efficiency Improvement Department of JSC "Gazpromneft - Omsk Refinery"
In all the above-mentioned works, employees of "Green Ray Ltd" took an active part in all stages of Projects implementation.
Expierence of Green Ray Ltd. company's employees on the works related to the implementation of Furnace Blackening Technology (FBT) using High Emissivity Ceramic (HEC) coatings are described on the page "FBT Reference List on Russia & Europe in 2011-2022" of this website.