On April 13 and 14, 2022, the VI International Scientific and Technical Conference "Use of Solid fuels for efficient and environmentally friendly production of electricity and heat" was held at JSC "VTI"
Solid fuel energy plays an important role in the global energy balance, and remains dominant in many countries. There are still opportunities for its further technological improvement with increased efficiency and social attractiveness.
During the conference, reports of specialists on new domestic developments and advanced foreign experience of friendly countries were presented. A constructive discussion took place, contributing to finding optimal solutions to a wide range of issues on:
- to improve economic efficiency;
- to increase the reliability and safety of power equipment operation;
- to increase the prestige of modern environmentally friendly coal generation with high scientific and technical potential;
- to the modern requirements for decarbonization of energy;
- to the use of waste, including municipal solid waste and biomass.
Advanced scientific ideas were reflected in more than 20 reports presented at the IV-th International Scientific and Technical Conference.
Chief Engineer of Green Ray Ltd. company A.Karimov spoke on behalf , who presented a Report to the Conference participants on the topic:
«Systems of dry non-catalytic purification of flue gases during combustion of solid fuels at power generating enterprises»
The Report of Green Ray Ltd. contained:
- analysis of the markets for the use of petroleum coke as a solid fuel by industry enterprises;
- analysis of existing, planned and under construction capacities for the production of petroleum cokes in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe by quantity and quality of coke;
- the basic technological scheme of the "dry" non-catalytic flue gas cleaning system for burning solid fuels GasDry Sys™ (Gas Dry Cleaning System), developed and promoted by Green Ray Ltd. on the market;
- description of all Blocks turned on the GasDry Sys™ system, including:
- De-NOx – gas purification Block from Nitrogen Oxides (NOx);
- De-Dust - gas purification Block from mechanical particles;
- De-SOx - gas purification Block from Sulfur Oxides (SOx).
- the advantages of using GasDry Sys™ as a whole system and for each Block separately, including references on previous industrial implementations;
- the technology of "blackening" the fireboxes of apparatus (furnaces, boilers) using emisspro™ material
- DFM Sys™ - automatic systems for continuous on-line monitoring of emissions of harmful substances and control of the dew point temperature of flue gases in the convective zone of the duct up to the mouth of the chimney.
- Cold Ph Tech™ – the technology for corrosion protection of external surfaces of metal structures and internal surfaces of heat exchange equipment by cold phosphating.
- WH @ Cleaning™ - systems for utilization of residual convective heat of gases and their purification from harmful substances through condensation of flue gases below the dew point temperature.
Details can be obtained from Green Ray Ltd. company on request.
The Internet link of JSC "VTI" as organizer of the Conference is here:VI-th International Scientific and Technical Conference "Use of Solid fuels for efficient and environmentally friendly electricity and heat production"